FOR UNIVERSITIES, LIBRARIES, AND SCHOOLS
ABOUT THE FILM
Acoustic Uprising is the inspiring story of a global movement that pushes the boundaries of acoustic guitar-playing as we know it and features interviews with guitar luminaries Tommy Emmanuel, Andy McKee, Kaki King and many more. The film looks at the rich fusion of musical ideas the style has become known for and the pioneers that have lead to the movement we see today, including solo acoustic guitar innovators like Michael Hedges, Robert Johnson and John Fahey.
What educators are saying
“Awesome…Will talk to many guitar players”The Guitar Channel
“Absolutely wonderful”The Guitar Speak Podcast
WORKSHOP SCREENINGS & Q+As
The Acoustic Uprising is a perfect fit for music educators looking for engaging content to inspire and enthuse their students along their journey with the guitar. A range of options are available to music institutions, from a simple screening of the film to a Q+A with the film makers and workshops featuring world class FingerStyle performers.
Enquire below and a member of the Acoustic Uprising team will get in touch to discuss your options.
ABOUT THE EDUCATION KIT
The Acoustic Uprising Education Kit is an easy-to-use tool designed for sharing the film with your students, faculty, and community. The package includes everything you need to show the film and lead a discussion about the innovative world of FingerStyle Guitar.
WHAT’S INSIDE THE KIT
• Blu-ray Disc One – 72min version of the film and 20 minutes of bonus features
• Blu-ray Disc Two – 45min version of the film plus shorter clips
• 12-page discussion and curriculum guide
• Educational and public performance license for your institution
HOW LICENSING WORKS
Here are some ways you can use the film:
• Show the film in the classroom and engage your students with a positive and fun perspective on guitar. You can show the entire documentary or individual chapters to illustrate points in your curriculum.
• Add the film to your events calendar and invite the community to join the discussion. It’s a powerful way to explore the guitar and empower people of all ages to express themselves musically.
• Add the film to your library’s collection and make it available to everyone with an interest in guitar, instrumental music, virtuosity, and expression.
“★★★★★ Captures the essence of a movement”DEL VEZEAU, CANADIAN GUITAR FESTIVAL
AVAILABLE FEBRUARY 2018
We offer a tiered licensing and pricing system to make the film accessible to all types of organizations. You are legally obligated to purchase the appropriate license for your institution.
As independent filmmakers, we rely on your support to keep producing great documentaries and offering them to the public. We review all purchases to confirm correct licensing.
If you have any questions, please see the Licensing FAQ.